Tawa Fish Fry Recipe
Tawa Fish Fry is one of the easiest and delicious fish recipe. Fish is marinated in mustard oil along with some spices and then shallow fried fried in tawa or pan. You can use any fish you like. In this recipe i have used freshwater Catla fish. Also i have used whole wheat flour for coating the fish instead of rice flour or gram flour.
Tawa fish can be served hot as an appetizer with coriander-mint chutney or can even be served as a side dish.
Directions to prepare the recipe
- In a bowl, add mustard oil,1/2 tsp red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add fish and coat each fish nicely from all the sides with the masala. Marinate the fish for 20 minutes.
- In another plate, take whole wheat flour,1/2 tsp red chilli powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix well.
- Coat each fish in the whole wheat flour mixture properly.
- Heat a tawa or a pan and brush it with some oil.
- Add each and every piece of fish on tawa and let it cook on low-medium heat till the fish becomes crispy on one side.
- Turn the fish on other side and let it cook for few minutes.
- Enjoy hot with Coriander-mint chutney or as a side dish.