Mutton Kalimiri Recipe/ Black Pepper Mutton Recipe
Mutton Kalimiri or Black pepper Mutton, a very rich and delicious recipe. Make it on your cheat day or make that day your cheat day with this amazing recipe. Its not worth missing. Work out a little extra. You won’t regret.
In this recipe, mutton is prepared in a rich creamy cashewnut gravy along with the freshly crushed black peppercorns to give a punch to the mutton. Enjoy this Mutton Kalimiri with hot phulkas or tandoori roti.
Directions To Prepare the Recipe
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil/ghee. Add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon stick and green chillies. Saute them for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and saute them for about 3-4 minutes till the onions become translucent or pink in color.
- Add mutton and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well and keep frying for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and salt as per taste. Mix well and pressure cook the mutton for 5 minutes or till the first whistle on high flame and for about 25 minutes i.e. 8-10 whistles on low flame.
- Heat some oil/ghee in a pan. Add crushed black peppercorns. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add cashewnut paste and cook it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked mutton along with the stock and spices. Mix well and cook it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, mix well and cook 10-15 more minutes. Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Garnish mutton kalimiri with some crushed peppercorns. Serve hot.