Chandan ke Kebab/ Sandalwood Kebab Recipe
Sandalwood/Chandan kebabs, a melt-in-mouth vegetarian kebabs which are different from the regular galawat and seekh kebabs. These are made from chandan/sandalwood, paneer/cottage cheese and hung curd. I have not added nuts in this kebab but if you want u can add powdered nuts such as almond, cashew and pistachio.Chandan ke kebabs are more like galawati kebab but vegetarian.Sandalwood is subtly aromatic which in turn makes these kebab flavorful.
While purchasing sandalwood make sure it is pure, adulterated and edible.Do not use the sandalwood which is available for skin remedies or worship purposes as they might not be pure and combined with some other products.
Try these kebabs at a party and everyone will love it.It is a flavorful twist to the regular seekh or galawti kebab.Enjoy these scrumptious kebabs hot with coin sized lacchha paratha or with mint-coriander chutney.
Directions to prepare the recipe
- Firstly dry roast jeera, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves and then ground them into a fine powder in a mortar-pestle.
- In a bowl, add crumbled paneer, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, freshly ground spice powders, salt, dry fruits, chopped mint, saffron, cornflour and maida to it. Mix well.
- In a pan heat some ghee,add sandalwood powder and roast it for 10 minutes.
- Add this roasted sandalwood in the mixture.
- Mix well and shape them in the form of kebabs.
- In the same pan, add some more ghee and fry these kebabs from both sides till they are cooked perfectly.
- Serve them hot with laccha paratha ,onions and coriander-mint chutney.