Cajun Spiced Potatoes
Cajun Spiced Potatoes, crispy shallow fried or oven roasted baby potatoes with a spicy dressing . It is a quick homemade snack which is everyone’s favorite in a party or hi-tea.
I first had these Cajun spiced potatoes in barbeque nations and totally loved it. Every time i visit barbeque nations this is my favorite appetizer. So i started looking for its recipe which can be easily prepared at home and i settled with this one. I have shallow fried the par boiled baby potatoes with skin but you can oven roast the potatoes or you can even use air-fryer.
Directions to prepare the recipe
- Firstly par boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Let it cool down a little, then press the potatoes with hands to flatten them. Dust the potatoes with all purpose flour or you can even use rice flour instead.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add potatoes in the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Let it roast from both the sides till it turns brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile when the potatoes are roasting, in a bowl add mayonnaise(egg or egg-less), garlic powder,red chili powder, dried Italian herbs like oregano, thyme, basil and parsley, red chili flakes, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt.
- Just before serving, add the dressing over the crispy potatoes and garnish it with chopped onions and coriander leaves.