Garlic Naan is an Indian flat bread recipe topped with butter, garlic and coriander leaves. Traditionally Naans are made in tandoor but since we generally don’t have tandoor’s at our home i have prepared this recipe on tawa. You can even make this in oven.
This is a no yeast recipe instead i have used baking powder and baking soda. The garlic naan is soft and fluffy unlike we get in restaurants which are hard and chewy.
Serve Garlic Naan hot with your favourite Dal like dal makhani, dal fry or any curry like paneer butter masla, kadhai paneer, butter chicken.
Directions to prepare the recipe
For preparing the butter and garlic mix
- Finely chop garlic and coriander leaves.
- Mix well with melted butter.
For Preparing the Naan
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add curd and start kneading the dough. Add water gradually as required and knead a non-sticky dough.
- Add some oil and coat well. Let the dough rest for an hour atleast.
- After an hour, pinch a small lemon sized ball.
- Dust some flour and Roll the dough in oval shape or round as you prefer.The dough should not be very thin or thick.
- Apply water on one side of the naan and put it on the tawa. Press the dough gently so that the dough sticks to the tawa.
- Apply some butter garlic and coriander mix on the naan.
- After cooking for 1 minute flip the tawa upside down and cook the naan directly on the flame till it gets golden brown.
- Brush some more butter if you want and serve hot with your favorite dal or curry.